"I absolutely love everything about Good Shepherd. The entire staff is wonderful, always smiling and taking the time to talk. I love the therapy department. I like helping out in the Friendship Room making goodies for all to enjoy. The food is excellent, and I very much enjoy the exercise class in the morning. If I had to pick the one thing I loved most about Good Shepherd, it would have to be when I get to visit with the dogs. I love that the most. My hope is to be able to stay here the rest of my life." Nick Woodke.
Good Shepherd Home is licensed to serve up to 50 community members. Our home provides 24-hour skilled and rehabilitative care in a safe, comfortable environment. We are proud to note that our home is consistently rated highly by the Center’s for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
We encourage members living with us to choose their own daily schedule including their sleeping schedule, therapy schedule, social schedule and bathing/showering preferences. All meals are served for extended periods of time….and breakfast is always available!
Good Shepherd prides itself on creating a home away from home for our members. Fireplaces, comfortable seating areas, private dining areas and an “old fashioned ice cream parlor” offer members great opportunities to visit with family and one another.
Our home offers many amenities including
- all meals served buffet style
- menus provided daily offering choices for each meal
- continental breakfast served for those “late sleepers” who choose that option
- breakfast served 24 hours a day in the Down Home Diner
- several “snack stops” throughout the home offering fresh bakery, snacks and coffee
- 24 hour soft serve and popcorn at Al’s Filling Station
- fresh bakery and snacks made by residents in Friendship Room throughout the day
Friendship Room Services
- Friendship Room offers opportunities to engage with others daily from 8 am to 8 pm
- minimum of 3 outings offered weekly
- live entertainment provided at least weekly
- Happy Hour on your schedule (within physician orders; standing orders provide 2 alcoholic beverages daily, if desired)
- 40 spiritual services offered monthly in our beautiful chapel
- Intergenerational activities with children from Child Care Center
- beautiful outdoor areas with gardens
- 2012 will offer a family outdoor BBQ area and a member putting green
- our Front Porch and Healing Garden with ponds and fish are always a wonderful place to visit
- shopping is available at Porchside Gifts in Meadow Wood
- full complement of professional staff including nursing, therapists, onsite MD and nurse practitioner, dietician, chaplain, social worker and hospice and palliative care services
- Podiatry services on site
- Audiology services on site
- Dental services on site
- Lab services on site
- Optometrist services on site
- X-ray services on site
- Ultrasound services on site
- EKG services on site
- Beautician and Barber services on site
- each living area has a spa with fireplace and whirlpool tub
- Good Shepherd Home accepts traditional Medicare and all Medicare supplement programs.
- Good Shepherd Home is in-network with Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Network Medicare Replacement Plans.
For more information on our home, please contact our social worker, Lindsey Kraft via email, or by phone, 920.833.6856.